Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Test Flights
jaybett
post Mar 6 2005, 10:23 PM
Post #1

Veteran Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 287

At the last Sunday outing, I was feeling a little chagrined. I brought out my Vapor and some flyers, new to me, came over, wanting to see it. Imagine somebody wanting to see my kites.

I had yet to have a connection with the Vapor, so I wasn't overly positive about it. After a fellow flyer helped with some modications, I finally connected with it.

A few years ago, and it has only been two, when I first started getting serious about kites, I remember the thrill of actually seeing a particular model in person for the first time. You see pictures and read about it, on the internet, but there is nothing like finally being able to get your hands on one.

In that spirit and since I have more money then brains at times, I've accumulated quite a few kites and this time I do mean more then two, but I'm not giving out an exact number, since I don't know myself.

If you've read or heard about a kite and would like to fly it, let me know and I'll put it into my bag for the next Sunday outing.

Your wondering what kites does this guy have? I'm not going to list each and every kite. That's just showing off. I've got most of the Prism kites. Some of the Blue Moon Kites, yes that includes the Mamba and Mantis. Sky Burner Kites, Robertshaw kites, Level One kites, and a Benson Kite.

I don't have any French Kites, that would be the good folks over at the Kite Shoppe. While I can't speak for them, I've found them open to bringing out, any kite that I was interested in.

The two queens of the bag, the Mamba and Mantis will always be with me. Feel free to e-mail me or post on the forum, if you'd like to see something else.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
staff
post Mar 6 2005, 11:02 PM
Post #2

Veteran Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 298

You have a Mantis...

I need to pay more attention, but I lost track of your kite bag a long time ago.

Scott

+Quote Post
Theresa
post Mar 6 2005, 11:02 PM
Post #3

Veteran Member

Member No.: 327

(jaybett)
At the last Sunday outing, I was feeling a little chagrined. I brought out my Vapor and some flyers, new to me, came over, wanting to see it. Imagine somebody wanting to see my kites.

I had yet to have a connection with the Vapor, so I wasn't overly positive about it. After a fellow flyer helped with some modications, I finally connected with it.

A few years ago, and it has only been two, when I first started getting serious about kites, I remember the thrill of actually seeing a particular model in person for the first time. You see pictures and read about it, on the internet, but there is nothing like finally being able to get your hands on one.

In that spirit and since I have more money then brains at times, I've accumulated quite a few kites and this time I do mean more then two, but I'm not giving out an exact number, since I don't know myself.

If you've read or heard about a kite and would like to fly it, let me know and I'll put it into my bag for the next Sunday outing.

Your wondering what kites does this guy have? I'm not going to list each and every kite. That's just showing off. I've got most of the Prism kites. Some of the Blue Moon Kites, yes that includes the Mamba and Mantis. Sky Burner Kites, Robertshaw kites, Level One kites, and a Benson Kite.

I don't have any French Kites, that would be the good folks over at the Kite Shoppe. While I can't speak for them, I've found them open to bringing out, any kite that I was interested in.

The two queens of the bag, the Mamba and Mantis will always be with me. Feel free to e-mail me or post on the forum, if you'd like to see something else.

Cool, Jay! That's the spirit! And you may never know, just by sharing the lines of a kite in your bag, how truly memorable an experience you may give someone!

We missed you today.

Looking forward to the next time you can make it!

Got Kites? Yes!! smile.gif

Theresa

+Quote Post
hiflistorr
post Mar 7 2005, 05:54 AM
Post #4

Regular User

Member No.: 305

Whadaya mean no French kites. I could of sworn I seen you put one of those Transfers into your kite bag one day at the shop :twisted:

Or was I suppose to to keep quiet about that one because Scott and Theresa didn't know? Ooops :twisted:

+Quote Post
Theresa
post Mar 7 2005, 07:48 AM
Post #5

Veteran Member

(hiflistorr)

Whadaya mean no French kites. I could of sworn I seen you put one of those Transfers into your kite bag one day at the shop :twisted:

Or was I suppose to to keep quiet about that one because Scott and Theresa didn't know? Ooops :twisted:

Ah ha! So that's where that kite is! :shock:

+Quote Post
jaybett
post Mar 7 2005, 10:55 PM
Post #6

Veteran Member

(prismflyer)
You have a Mantis...

I need to pay more attention, but I lost track of your kite bag a long time ago.

Scott

I just got it! The color scheme turned out, better then I expected. It is Red Black, Silver and Gray. A really striking pattern.

I'm planning on stopping by the shoppe tomorrow, so you guys can take a look.

+Quote Post
jaybett
post Mar 7 2005, 11:00 PM
Post #7

Veteran Member

(Theresa)
(hiflistorr)

Ah ha! So that's where that kite is! :shock:

Hey!

I thought we had a deal. You keep quiet on the Transfer and I wouldn't say anything about those extra Nirvanas. tongue.gif

No, I've been having second thoughts about the Transfer, so I was going to talk to my local kite shoppe dealer about other possibilities.

+Quote Post
staff
post Mar 7 2005, 11:26 PM
Post #8

Veteran Member

How can you have second thoughts on a free kite? :shock: A spendy french one at that...

+Quote Post
jaybett
post Mar 8 2005, 06:37 AM
Post #9

Veteran Member

The Transfer is a very capable kite and you can't beat the deal, that I got on it. biggrin.gif

I've just been wondering, if its a good choice for me? I like kites that fly first and then trick. Until I made up my mind, I was keeping the kite under wraps.

+Quote Post
Theresa
post Mar 8 2005, 07:04 PM
Post #10

Veteran Member

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jaybett
post Mar 8 2005, 07:08 PM
Post #11

Veteran Member

After talking with Scott at the Kite Shoppe. I'm the proud owner of a gold Transfer UL.

That's what I like about the Kite Shoppe you go in, tell em what's on your mind and they help you out

Scott was generous enough to provide transportation out to Frenchman's bar and even let me try the shoppe's own Transfer UL. Not enough wind for me, but Scott was able to show that it was the type of kite I prefer to fly.

Good enough for me!

Thanks again Scott.

+Quote Post
hiflistorr
post Mar 8 2005, 09:03 PM
Post #12

Regular User

Here all along I thought Jay was going to go for a Genesis instead. :wink:

+Quote Post
jaybett
post Mar 8 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #13

Veteran Member

It's alway a possibiltity. At the next fun-team fly, I'll have to try one.

By the way, Lance, do you have a Thor's Hammer?

+Quote Post
staff
post Mar 8 2005, 10:09 PM
Post #14

Veteran Member

So...Does that mean we need to hold on to one for you?

+Quote Post
hiflistorr
post Mar 8 2005, 10:41 PM
Post #15

Regular User

By the way, Lance, do you have a Thor's Hammer?

No and I have not flown one either. I have more desire to keep my arm sockets in place than to own a Thors Hammer I suppose. :roll: On the other hand nothing a Hammer couldn't fix. :twisted:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2018 - 04:14 PM