Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fearless Vented, Hey Lam, Tell Us More
rxburner
post Jan 6 2010, 07:23 PM
Post #1

Regular User

Group: Members
Member No.: 640

Lam - how does the Vented feel compared to the standard. Does it take a heavier hand? Or, does it just have a higher bottom wind range? Can you come up with some advantages and disadvantages?

Anyone else have some opinions?

I was going to ad a light to my quiver.... now what do I do?
Rx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jaybett
post Jan 8 2010, 02:28 AM
Post #2

Veteran Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 287

This past fall, I went down to the Lincoln City Fall Kite Festival. I always enjoy time with Lam, on the field and off. Another thing that makes Lincoln City fun for me, is Sue Rez. She is a very good flier and just a lot of fun.

Before I went to the Festival, I had prepared myself to tell Lam, that I was happy with my standard, and that I wouldn't be getting a Vent.

After watching Lam fly the Vent for twenty minutes, I knew I had to have one. The first thing I noticed is that it sits flat in the turtle, with little or no rocking. My Light or Standard will rock from side to side quite a bit. The Vent will lay flat on its back, similar to the SUL.

The tricks on the vent seem a beat slower, then the standard. Which to me is a good thing. It's easier to see the tricks unfolding. I was playing with the Insane to Lazy Susan. Something I saw on a Debray video. It is easy to see, when to pull out of the Insane into the Lazy.

I went for a roll up as Lam was standing a few feet away. I was able to see the nose was cockeyed a little bit to the left. I adjusted my lines and the nose came, and the lines were caught on stoppers. It's just that little more time to see things, that is turning out to be a big help.

In my mind, the Vent replaces the Standard. You won't need both. The vent flies in a little higher winds, then the standard. Not that much higher though. It definitely doesn't go as low.

The only knock, I have on the vent is the kite feels mushy on lines. The inputs aren't as crisp as the light or the standard. Again with the kite being a beat slower, the softer inputs, probably help.

I really like the light in lower winds and it performs quite well in higher winds. It is my favorite kite of the Fearless Line.

If it were me, I'd check with Lam and see if he would convert a standard sail in a vented. If he would, then I'd get a light.

+Quote Post
Lam Hoac
post Jan 14 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #3

Veteran Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 409

QUOTE (rxburner @ Jan 6 2010, 10:23 PM) *
Lam - how does the Vented feel compared to the standard. Does it take a heavier hand? Or, does it just have a higher bottom wind range? Can you come up with some advantages and disadvantages?

Anyone else have some opinions?

I was going to ad a light to my quiver.... now what do I do?
Rx

Thanks Jay, it would be so easy for me to explain on the field. hope to see you in long beach we talk more about the vented Fearless.

Thanks Andy. Talk to you soon.

Lam

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2018 - 04:21 PM