Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Widow
DaveH
post Jun 21 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,675

Got my Widow From Theresa today. Took it out for a spin and was really pleased. Great tricks, tight, fast rollups. Flies very well in the stoppers. Flat spin tricks are really flat and nice ( no suprise if you consider the designer) Fade is almost too easy. Pull from a pancake and watch. Kite has a bit of oversteer. Nothing profound, just there. Actually kind of cool and can be used to your advantage. build quality is great, especially for the price. Nice sew job. Great bag with a snap at the top and velcro on the mesh line pocket. The kite is great looking and very dramatic in the air. It takes a bit of wind to fly, so I would suggest bringing your ultralight to the field as well in case the wind drops. 4 or 5 mph is plenty for the kite. I had the wind pick up a bit and get fairly strong during my session. No shudder, no problem. I did the Lewis, wrapped axles, wap doo wap, etc. No fuss, the kite just did the tricks well and asked for more. I think its an honest value and worth anyone's time. I'm glad I bought it and it will see lots of airtime this summer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Theresa
post Jun 21 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #2

Veteran Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 327

QUOTE (DaveH @ Jun 21 2008, 05:30 PM) *
Got my Widow From Theresa today. Took it out for a spin and was really pleased. Great tricks, tight, fast rollups. Flies very well in the stoppers. Flat spin tricks are really flat and nice ( no suprise if you consider the designer) Fade is almost too easy. Pull from a pancake and watch. Kite has a bit of oversteer. Nothing profound, just there. Actually kind of cool and can be used to your advantage. build quality is great, especially for the price. Nice sew job. Great bag with a snap at the top and velcro on the mesh line pocket. The kite is great looking and very dramatic in the air. It takes a bit of wind to fly, so I would suggest bringing your ultralight to the field as well in case the wind drops. 4 or 5 mph is plenty for the kite. I had the wind pick up a bit and get fairly strong during my session. No shudder, no problem. I did the Lewis, wrapped axles, wap doo wap, etc. No fuss, the kite just did the tricks well and asked for more. I think its an honest value and worth anyone's time. I'm glad I bought it and it will see lots of airtime this summer.

Great feed back Dave! Thanks! I've only had a brief fly on it, need to get out and play with it some more smile.gif

I agree....great kite for the price point.

smile.gif

T

+Quote Post
DaveH
post Jun 23 2008, 08:02 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,675

Here's a pic of my new Widow

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/kites1000/Widow.jpg

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 05:10 PM